quarta-feira, 18 de fevereiro de 2009

WRITING AN ARTICLE - STUDYING ENGLISH (student papers)

WRITING - An opinion composition - You have been studying English for some time. Write an article in a formal style saying how long you have been learning it and what you consider important in English learning (write around 120 – 180 words). Don't forget to mention in your article:
How long have you been studying English.
Why you decided to study it at Welcome.
The role of technology in students learning. What are the advantages and disadvantages of techonology?
The ability you consider most important (speaking, reading, listening, writing) and the reason why.
The ability you have more problems with, suggesting how you can improve it (them).
My English Course
by Patrícia Vaz (upper intermediate) - 06/12/2008

I have always liked the English language because it's the language of movies, songs, well, there is a whole culture in English. Then, when my sister Lilian started learning the language, I thought that it was a good idea for me too.
Firstly, I went to Welcome school, because Lilian, my sister, encouraged me to study. Secondly, it had a good discount for two people from the same family.
Besides, I had that time, a better financial situation and I could pay. My sister gave up, because she didn’t have time, but I didn't. Althought nowadays the technology has been present at English school, I still prefer the contact teacher/student. Nothing replaces this. The teacher, of course, can use the technology but is necessary the language knowledge to teach.
There are four years that I have been studying English and I have difficulty in speaking. I think it is possible to improve it by living for some period in a native country. Actually, I think it is necessary.
Another difficulty I have is the listening, because it is too fast. I’ve been listening and watching all kinds of music and movies and I understand them well.
I have no big problems with listening and reading.
To sum up, with the globalization, speaking and understanding English is essential.

Nenhum comentário: