quarta-feira, 14 de maio de 2008

Animal Instinct activity

Task 1 - Complete the missing lyrics with the words below. Sometimes you have to combine a verb with a preposition or adverb:

FREAK
TAKE
UTTERLY
TOTALLY
DEPRESSED
PRAY
DIE

AWAY
OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhbBcWxD4M (source for the video clip)

Animal Instinct - The Cranberries
Album: Bury the Hatchet

Suddenly something has happened to me
As I was having my cup of tea
Suddenly I was feeling (1) __________
I was (2) ____________ and (3) _____________ stressed
Do you know you made me (4) ______
Do you know you made me (5) ______
And the thing that gets to me
Is you'll never really see
And the thing that (6) ______ me ______
Is I’ll always be in doubt
It is a lovely thing that we have
It is a lovely thing that we
It is a lovely thing, the animal
The animal instinct

So take my hands and come with me
We will change reality
So take my hands and we will (7) ______
They won’t (8) ______ you ______
They will never make me cry, no
They will never make me die
And the thing that gets to me
Is you’ll never really see
And the thing that (9) ______ me ______
Is I’ll always be in doubt
The animal, the animal,
The animal instinct in me
It’s the animal, the animal,
The animal instinct in me
It's the animal, it's the animal,
It's the animal instinct in me (twice)

Task 2: Fill the gaps with the words from the box above, accoding to their meaning:

(1) unhappy and without hope for the future (adj): ___________________
(2) and (3) extremely (adv): ___________________
(4) to produce tears as the result of a strong emotion, such as unhappiness or pain (V): ___________________
(5) the verb for death: ___________________
(6) and (9) Informal to be or cause to be in a heightened emotional state (ph. v.): ___________________
(7) You do it when you go to church (V): ___________________
(8) remove (ph. v.): ___________________



Task 3: Task 3 - After watching “Animal Instinct” clip, discuss in pairs the following questions:

a) What do you think it gave inspiraton to Dolores O’Riordan writing the lyrics for the song?
b) Why is the title of the song “Animal Instinct”?
c) Why do you think the children were taken away from home?
d) How should a parent bring up a child?





Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Nice activity, I love the song and the task, nice job