quarta-feira, 9 de julho de 2008

FATHER AND SON - a song activity

video clip 1 - Cat Stevens:


video clip 2- Boyzone:

The Activity:

1. Listen to the song and fill in the blanks. The first letter is given:

Father:
It's not t…………. to make a ch…………….,
Just r…………, take it e…………..
You're still y……………, that's your fault
There's so m……………… you have to k……………...
Find a g………………, settle d………………
If you want you can m ……………...
Look at me, I am o………, but I'm h……..........

I was once like you are n………, and
I know that it's not e…………
To be c………… when you've found something going on.
But take your t………., think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here t……………., but your d………….. may not.

Son:
How can I try to e…………, when I do he turns a………. again.
It's always been the same, same old s………….
From the moment I could' t……….. I was ordered to l…………...
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go a………..
I know I have to go.

Father:
It's not t………….. to make a ch…………..,
Just sit d………….., take it s…………...
You're still y…………., that's your fault,
There's so m………. you have to go th………….
Find a g…………., settle d…………., if you want you can m…………...
Look at me, I am o……, but I'm h………….

Son:
All the times that I c………., keeping all the things I knew I……….,
It's h…….., but it's harder to i………. it.
If they were right, I'd a……….., but it's them you know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go a……......
I know I have to go.


2. Explain any difficult vocabulary items
3. All students READ the song aloud, copying the rhythm. (Emphasis on Good Pronunciation )
4. All students SING TOGETHER.
5. Post-Song DISCUSSION: "Generation Gap"In groups of 4 they discuss the subject: "Conflict - parents - childrenadults - teenagersa. Describe the signs of a Generation Gap
b. Whose fault is it ?
c.. Is there a solution?
d. Any suggestions or proposals?
e. Groups share their findings with the whole class.
6. ALL STUDENTS SING THE SONG: Half of the class may sing the FATHER's verses and the other half the SON's verses.


http://www.isabelperez.com/songs/father.htm

Nenhum comentário: